Leading Automotive and Transportation Innovation
Novelis is changing the automotive and transportation industry by bringing new levels of strength and quality to the automotive and transportation markets. By partnering with top manufacturers during the early stages of design and development, we are constantly improving our products and processes to provide new alloys, treatments and coatings that enable the transportation industry to go further, faster and more safely than ever before.
The world’s automotive and transportation industry is an essential part of the global economy, enabling the production, delivery and consumption of raw materials, finished goods and everything in between. Whether across town, across the country or across the globe, aluminum plays a critical role in the transportation value chain. The growing use of aluminum in a wide range of vehicles, structures and subcomponents helps deliver the highest levels of speed, safety and comfort, while maximizing efficiency and minimizing costs.
Aluminum has a unique set of characteristics that make it particularly valuable in the automotive and transportation sector:
- Low density means aluminum is lightweight, so materials are easy to handle and vehicles are more fuel-efficient.
- Excellent formability gives aluminum the ability to be formed to a wide range of shapes, playing a critical part in diverse designs.
- The attractive appearance of aluminum makes it an appealing feature for the outside of a vehicle and the inside as well, creating a distinctively modern look.
- Superior strength means that aluminum can hold up under stress, providing support as well as protection.
- Specific characteristics such as strong thermal and electrical conductivity enable aluminum to succeed in a range of specialized roles.
- Complete recyclability means that used aluminum parts hold the potential to become new aluminum parts, contributing to the sustainability quotient of the transportation industry.
FROM THE NOVELIS BLOG