A Material Advantage
The lightest “complete barrier” available, aluminum is impervious to light, water vapor, oils and fats, oxygen and microorganisms. Foods are kept fresh, safe and tasty, and they maintain these qualities throughout a long shelf life.
- Barrier: Aluminum food containers provide a total barrier against light and gas and protects food from deterioration.
- Formability: Aluminum food containers are highly formable and can also be “dead folded,” which is beneficial when deep drawing and shaping containers.
- Heating properties: Aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat, and at the same time is heat-resistant, allowing quick and controlled heating of the container’s food content. Aluminum is also one of the only container serving options that is tri-ovenable, offering cooking versatility in conventional, microwave and broiler ovens.
- Decorative potential: Aluminum food containers allow for strong shelf appeal and striking package design. The material is both bright and reflective and can be color-lacquered or printed.
- Sustainability: Aluminum food containers help meet source reduction and sustainability goals through the development of lightweight and down-gauged packaging. Aluminum containers can be recycled over and over again without any loss of quality.
Contact us for more information about aluminum packaging.