Novelis’ commitment to producing premium product has made us the leading provider for the packaging industry. Novelis aluminum packaging materials meet a variety of needs.
The Right Packaging Material
Aluminum packaging plays a fundamental role, which is to protect, distribute and display goods. Without packaging, food spoils, fragile products get broken and distribution becomes hazardous. The entire supply chain becomes hugely inefficient. Aluminum packaging is part of the solution and essential for sustainable growth.
The Right Expertise
Novelis is a global leader in rolling and we are specialized in coil-coating, laminating, tray and container production. We can offer the whole range of opportunities to satisfy our customers’ requests.
Learn more about how our products are used in the following markets:
A Material Advantage
The lightest “complete barrier” available, aluminum is impervious to light, water vapor, oils and fats, oxygen and microorganisms. Foods are kept fresh, safe and tasty, and they maintain these qualities throughout a long shelf life.
- Barrier: Aluminum food containers provide a total barrier against light and gas and protects food from deterioration.
- Formability: Aluminum food containers are highly formable and can also be “dead folded,” which is beneficial when deep drawing and shaping containers.
- Heating properties: Aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat, and at the same time is heat-resistant, allowing quick and controlled heating of the container’s food content. Aluminum is also one of the only container serving options that is tri-ovenable, offering cooking versatility in conventional, microwave and broiler ovens.
- Decorative potential: Aluminum food containers allow for strong shelf appeal and striking package design. The material is both bright and reflective and can be color-lacquered or printed.
- Sustainability: Aluminum food containers help meet source reduction and sustainability goals through the development of lightweight and down-gauged packaging. Aluminum containers can be recycled over and over again without any loss of quality.
Contact us for more information about aluminum packaging.
Light-gauge aluminum is unsurpassed as a reliable and versatile packaging material, and is ideal for protecting food, pharmaceuticals and other products from light, oxygen, moisture and contamination. Novelis offers a vast range of light-gauge aluminum for use in flexible and semi-rigid packaging and other customer applications.
Caps & Closures
When it comes to creating the closures our customers want, Novelis aluminum sheet and coil provide two distinct benefits:
- Shape: Because aluminum is strong but easily shaped, Novelis is able to produce innovative, customized shapes for closures, as well as threading capability for increased functionality and resealability.
- Appearance: Novelis closures can be treated with a range of advanced decoration technologies including lithography, hot-foil and positive and negative embossing.
Bottle & Cartridges
Novelis produces aluminum bottles for a range of applications—from commercial use to United Nations-approved packaging—in several sizes and coating configurations, including:
- Rolled thread for screw stoppers
- Plastic threaded ring for pilfer-proof closure
- Tamper-proof seal and screw closure
- Plastic screw closure and locking ring
- Flex-spout closure system
Novelis can print your cartridges with customized art in up to six colors, and can also apply lacquer to the inside surfaces. Novelis products include:
- Cartridges: Novelis aluminum cartridges protect the sealing compound with a diaphragm and seamed lid to prevent leakage, ensuring a long shelf life and preventing the contents from drying out.
- Two-Component Integrated System: The two-component integrated cartridge is suitable for fast-curing fillings, easily used with existing guns on the market while offering a variety of static mixer nozzles.
Novelis supplies a broad spectrum of innerbundling products to the global tobacco industry. Our multipurpose equipment and manufacturing capabilities allow us to be a leader in the market. Our innerbundling is available as foil/paper laminate for use in either hard or soft pack cigarette boxes. Novelis also offers customized specifications including coloring, lacquering, printing and flavoring.