Refining Your Skills & Talent
At Novelis, we understand that if we are to make the most of our opportunities as a company, it starts by helping our people maximize their potential. That’s why we invest millions of dollars in employee development programs.
From day one, Novelis employees can develop their skills and abilities, based on their interests and talents. We offer a range of developmental programs for all employees, from those just starting their careers up to experienced executives, including:
The Engineering Development Program is a two-year program for recent college graduates interested in beginning an exciting career with Novelis.
From formal classroom instruction to hands-on experience, our engineers work with experts in every area of the aluminum rolling process during this training program. Participants benefit from:
- Placement in one of our 23 manufacturing plants across the globe
- Structured learning curricula for technical, professional and leadership skill-building experiences
- Special assignments designed to provide broad exposure to Novelis operations
- On-the-job assignments and projects to accelerate learning and development
- Mentoring and coaching
Novelis has many different training programs for experienced professionals, including open-enrollment programs designed to build business acumen and develop leadership ability. Also included in program offerings are technical training and programs to support maintaining certifications.
Training programs for high-potential performers are nomination-based programs designed to optimize leadership effectiveness. These focus on business/financial acumen, global mindset, strategic thinking and leading change, which are multi-week programs delivered regionally or globally. Global Leadership Offerings include:
Leadership Launch Program – A high-potential program for first-line leaders.
Features of this nomination-based program include:
- A two-week program delivered in all regions
- Tools to optimize leadership effectiveness
- On-the-job, work-based assignments
- 360-degree multi-rater assessment
- Mentoring and coaching
Discovering the Rewards Your Talents Deserve
At Novelis, we’ve worked hard to earn our reputation as an industry leader. We know that to recruit, motivate and retain the best and brightest talent, we must provide employees the quality compensation and benefits they deserve. That’s why we offer:
- Comprehensive medical/dental plans and prescription drug programs
- Health savings accounts
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Additional voluntary life coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) savings plans with company match
- Retirement savings plans
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Employee assistance programs
- Automobile discounts
- Business travel accident insurance
Novelis is a global industry leader, with locations worldwide. As such, employee benefits may vary by geographic region, according to local regulations.